Sbin

Sbin

The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
Julie Kagawa
Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) - K.A. Tucker You know how, in the horror movies, you scream and you wave your arms frantically to the heroine, but no matter what you do, she still won't listen and do stupid stuff all the time?You get so irritated… because come on, how can she not get a clue? How can she not hear the damn ominous music and run the hell away?It's just that she can't know what we know, because we are the viewer/reader and of course we see what she can't see. So no matter what we do, she still is going to get hurt.This book was kind of like that.Early on, we know that Kacey survived a terrible car accident that had just another survivor; after some pages, she meets a mysterious guy with a huge tattoo that says "forgiviness": how can she not do the math!?Eh, that's the thing: she just can't. There would be no point in the book otherwise.So you know full well what's about to happen, but you can't stop it and you're going to watch it unfold. But in the end, you're kind of glad that you couldn't warn the heroine.Side note: there were some typos scattered here and there, but it was quite late when I understood I was reading an indie book. I just came across this: "Easy for you to say. You’re ass isn’t hanging out." and thought that no respectable editor would miss it. But otherwise, this book is wonderfully structured and well written. Kudos to the author!