Sbin

Sbin

The Dream Thieves
Maggie Stiefvater
The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
Julie Kagawa
Breaking Beautiful - Jennifer Shaw Wolf I choose a lot of my readings based on similarity with books I've already read and liked. It's not an unfailing method; sometimes you come up with perfect copycats and sometimes you end up with things totally different from what you were looking for. The trick lies in finding the right middle ground.Reading the synopsis, I already knew this book would entail the same elements featured in [b:Truly, Madly, Deadly|18045151|Truly, Madly, Deadly|Hannah Jayne|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1370606479s/18045151.jpg|21693894] by Hannah Jayne: an abusive relationship, a tragedy, a strong friendship. You can easily do the math and come up with a story that, if not very original, is compelling and interesting to read. Well written and well paced too, and that doesn't hurt either.I really liked this book, but I couldn't give it 4 stars because I can't condone suicide and I can't forgive someone (even a fictional someone) for thinking it can be a solution to anything. Let me reassure you: the MC is not going to kill herself in the book, but for a brief period she entertained suicide as a solution to what was ailing her.So, it's going to be 3 stars: yes, I really liked it, but parts of it got me mad, too.